T. Micheal McDougall
Practice AreasBusiness, Business Advice, Commercial Finance, Commercial Property, Commercial Transactions, Corporate, Employment, Environmental, Land & Resources, Mining, Oil & Gas, Private Client, Residential Real Estate
P: 306.525.7211 F: 306.359.0590 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Micheal conducts a corporate and commercial law practice in the Land and Resources Practice Group. His focus is on business and commercial law, oil and gas, potash, energy and natural resources and environmental law.
Micheal advises clients on sales and acquisitions, reorganizations, financings, leasing, permitting and regulatory and environmental compliance in the business, and energy and natural resources.
Micheal’s experience in natural resources and environmental law includes having served as general counsel to Saskatchewan Water Corporation and Saskatchewan Watershed Authority (predecessor to Saskatchewan Water Security Agency).
Micheal has been for several years and continues to be a director of The Canadian Association of Family Enterprise-Regina Chapter which is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the well-being and understanding of families in business.
Micheal is recognized in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of Natural Resources Law. He has lectured at professional and industry seminars on water regulation and environmental law issues.
Recognition and Appointments
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of Natural Resources Law (2012 - 2017)
- Director - The Canadian Association of Family Enterprise - Regina Chapter.
Papers, Lectures, and Presentations
- Anatomy of an Environmental Indemnity” presented to the Canadian Bar Association and Business Law Section (Regina April 2009)
- Anatomy of an Environmental Indemnity” presented to the Canadian Bar Association Environmental Law Section (Regina March, 2008)
- The New Saskatchewan Watershed Authority Act” presented to the Canadian Bar Association Environmental Law Section (Regina, December 2002)
- An Overview of Water regulation in Saskatchewan” presented to the Canadian Bar Association “National Symposium on Water Law” (Toronto, April 1999)
- Served in a number of executive and coaching positions in North Regina Little League including being current Vice President.
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Energy Law Foundation
- The Canadian Association of Family Enterprise-Regina Chapter
- B.A. (Honours), University of Saskatchewan, 1986
- LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1989
- Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar, 1990